Gluten-Free Stuffed Baked Peppers All But Gluten™
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 8 ounces of tomato sauce
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup All But Gluten™ Sliced White Loaf, breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces of tomato sauce for topping
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
- 2. Bring brown rice and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 45 to 50 minutes.
- 3. Cook and stir beef, garlic, and onion in a skillet over medium heat until meat is evenly browned and onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- 4. Remove the tops and save, then remove and discard the seeds, and membranes of the green, red, and yellow bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish, slice the bottoms off the peppers if necessary so that they stand upright.
- 5. Mix the browned beef, cooked rice, 8 ounces of sauce, salt, pepper and All But Gluten™ breadcrumbs in a bowl. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining 4 ounces of tomato sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and pour over the stuffed peppers. Place pepper tops on top for baking.
- 6. Bake in the preheated oven, basting with last 4 ounces of sauce every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender, about 1 hour.