- 1/2 loaf ABG white bread, dried and ground to bread crumb consistency
- 2 cups (350g) fresh white fish, deboned, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup (135g) mashed potato
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 tbs capers
- 8 portabello mushrooms
- 8 sprigs italian parsley
- 1 cup (250g) grape tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (113g) black olives, pitted, thinly sliced
- 4 tbs tartare sauce
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease baking tray.
- 2 Remove the stems form the caps of each mushroom. Chop stems finely.
- 3 Lay breadcrumbs on a flat plate.
- 4 In a large bowl combine chopped mushroom stems, fish, egg, potato, celery and capers. Roll into patties the same size as the mushroom caps.
- 5 Dredge the burger in breadcrumbs and lay on baking tray. Cook fish burgers for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6 Turn four of the mushroom cups upside down so the base of the mushroom is showing. Lay parsley sprigs over the mushroom base, then place the fish burger followed by 1 tbs tartare and finish with sliced tomatoes and olives.
- 7 Place a second mushroom cap on top of ingredients with the mushroom cap side up. Secure with a toothpick.
- 8 Serve