- 8 slices ABG Poppy Seed Cake
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (340g) milk or dairy substitute
- 1/4 tsp (1.25g) ground dried ginger (or cinnamon if you prefer)
- 4 tsp (20g) butter or butter substitute
- 2 cans (500g) peach slices drained or fresh peach slices cut into crescents
- 4 tbs (60g) honey
- 1 tbs (15g) olive oil
- 1 In a medium bowl whisk egg, milk, and cinnamon until well combined.
- 2 In a non stick fry pan at medium heat, place a teaspoon of butter.
- 3 Immerse poppy seed slice in egg mixture, turn over and re-immerse until all sides have been coated evenly. Once the butter in the fry pan has melted, gently place poppy seed slice in fry pan and leave for 5 minutes or until underside of slice is golden brown. Flip slice over with a spatula and repeat on the other side.
- 4 Continue this process with the remaining slices. Keep slices in a warm oven (250 degrees) until you have made peach mixture and are ready to serve.
- 5 Place a separate fry pan on medium heat, add olive oil. When oil has warmed and is starting to sizzle add the peach slices and sprinkle with ground dried ginger. Sear peaches, stirring occasionally until the peaches are warm and slightly golden brown.
- 6 Add honey, continue to sear for a further two minutes until honey has warmed and is beginning to caramelize.
- 7 Lay french toast slices on plates. Top with peach mixture and serve.